Friday, August 10, 2018

Ale trail

It shouldn't really come as any surprise, but Wales Online writers Steffan Rhys and Joshua Knapman's "ultimate Cardiff pub crawl for people who love their beer" kicks off in my neck of the woods (Canton) before heading (via Pontcanna/Cathedral Road) into the city centre. No other area of the city gets a look-in.

Their suggested starting point is the Lansdowne, after which they recommend Crafty Devil's Cellar and St Canna's Ale House - all of which I'd endorse, though the omission of Chapter is perhaps a little harsh.

I'm yet to visit the Pontcanna Inn or the Brewhouse & Kitchen (formerly the Cayo and the Mochyn Du respectively), but both are definitely on my list. Of the city centre establishments on the itinerary, I'm a fan of the Queen's Vaults, the City Arms and Tiny Rebel - all of which are within conveniently easy reach of each other.

Time to identify a free Saturday afternoon/evening, methinks...

No comments: