Saturday, June 17, 2017

Hot stuff

It might not be the season for hot drinks, but as someone who can't get through any day - whatever the time of year - without copious quantities of caffeine, I read Buzz's guide to the best tea and coffee places in Wales with interest.

Of the cafes located in Cardiff, I can wholeheartedly endorse Wally's Kaffeehaus, which is styled on Viennese coffeehouses and is situated above an amazing deli, and would also make mention of Uncommon Ground, also situated in Royal Arcade. Outpost in the Castle Emporium, the Plan in Morgan Arcade and Brod in Canton, other places I've discovered while on my dedicated one-man mission to research the capital's cafes, would also be worthy of inclusion.

While I'm not likely to be tempted into venturing into Cathays just to go to Kappuccino's, Little Man Coffee on Bridge Street is very definitely on my radar - it would have been good to visit when it was hosting an exhibition as part of the Diffusion festival, but it does have the work of local artists permanently on display.

No comments: