Thursday, October 13, 2016

Know Your Enemy

"The happy ending is that I'm much happier without them twats, to say the least. And I'm sure that them twats are much happier without me."

Peter Hook talking to BBC Arts about his new book Substance: Inside New Order, a follow-up to 2013's Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division.

The book appears to have ruffled a few feathers: "For the most part, as a group, New Order were pretending to be complete and happy, focused. It was a bit of a lie, really, and I don't think anybody likes that lie to be revealed." Not that Hooky cares, of course. He claims to have been steeling himself for the reaction of both his former bandmates (whom he's still in the process of suing) and those close to the late Caroline Aherne, to whom he was briefly married and whom he has accused of being physically abusive. I suspect it's worth reading, though only with an extremely large pile of salt.

No comments: