Monday, May 30, 2016

(Chuckle) Brothers gonna work it out

Now that it's been and gone, I'm rather gutted that I've missed Common People - not so much for the music (though by all accounts Maiians and the other local acts hand-picked for the Uncommon Stage have done Nightshift and Oxford more generally proud), but because I've missed the opportunity to live the dream of giving Public Enemy a lift in the back of my Vauxhall Meriva. Instead of being chauffeured around in style, they've been hanging out with the Chuckle Brothers. I eagerly await the fruits of that particular collaboration.

Festival tickets have been available all weekend so it clearly didn't sell out, though social media reports suggest it's been a success. It'll be interesting to see if Rob da Bank brings it back again next year.

No comments: