Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quote of the day

"Without a doubt, the fact that I have long-standing relationships with people I’ve worked with over the years is much more important to me than any particular record. I don’t work on records that are hits and I don’t work on records that win awards; I just try to do as good a job as I can and make sure the band for whom I’m making the record gets every penny of their money’s worth out of me."

Steve Albini talking about the day job to The Chicagoist. In the course of the interview he also spoke at length about working on the remastered deluxe version of In Utero, out later this month to mark the twentieth anniversary of the original's release, and revealed that the new Shellac album will be blessed with the marvellous title, Dude, Incredible. Can't wait.

No comments: